“Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers – strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.”
- Barbara Katz Rothman
The journey of pregnancy is unique and different experience for everyone, but the one common thread is that it’s a transition from being a woman to becoming a mother and begins at conception. It is a time of learning about your body as well as a time of self-reflection. Prenatal yoga can help you along every path of this journey.
Prenatal Yoga is a wonderful way to stay active during your pregnancy, while preparing your body for labor and delivery. We combine breathing exercises, movement, meditation, relaxation and education about childbirth and your changing body, to help you discover your inner wisdom as a woman and prepare you to birth with confidence and peace. Some of the benefits of Prenatal Yoga include:
Aids in digestion
Strengthens the uterus and pelvic muscles
Promotes hip opening in preparation for labor and delivery
Creates more space in the body for organs and for the growing baby
Decreases back pain and sciatica
Helps to decrease swelling of the ankles and feet
Reduces constipation, varicose veins, and nausea
Increases overall comfort during pregnancy
- Learn breathing and movement techniques that can help with labor and delivery
Classes are taught by Anna Starikov, a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher, Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher, Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher and mother of two, at Be One Yoga Studio in Kirkland. She has had over 150 plus hours of specialized prenatal yoga training from some of the best teachers in the field and has been teaching Prenatal Yoga for over 6 years. The prenatal yoga classes she offers include so much more than just asana (yoga poses) – they include, breathing techniques for labor, meditation, visualization, prenatal anatomy information, sangha (community), labor preparation and much, much more. Come and join us so you can experience a class for yourself! Previous yoga experience is not necessary.
“I just wanted to take a moment to again tell you how much I value your class. Everything about it is special and I’m really happy that I added this to my pregnancy journey. I look forward to continuing yoga in my life after baby!”
~ Jessica (Prenatal Student)
We offer Prenatal Yoga twice a week (although Saturday classes are suspended until 9/23) and each class is 2-hour long. Class sizes are limited and classes fill up fast, so must prepay and preregister for each class. Here’s the schedule:
Wednesdays 7 – 9 pm
Saturdays 10 am – noon (Saturday classes will resume on September 23rd)
Classes fill up fast and it might take a few weeks to get a confirmed spot in a class. Please PRE-PAY and PRE-REGISTER for each class day and time you’d like to attend. If a class is full, you are welcome to join the waiting list as often students cancel their reservations the day of class. Follow these instructions to pre-register through Be One Yoga’s MindBody site – if you have any trouble registering, please email Anna or call her at 425-681-3813:
- Visit Be One Yoga Studio’s MindBody site
- Navigate to the class you would like to attend and click the “SIGN UP NOW” button
- If you’re new to their site, type in your first and last name in the boxes to the right. If you’ve signed up for classes online before, type in your email / username and password.
- If you’re new to the site, fill out the additional information on the next screen and set up a login by typing in your email address and password (twice) and click the “CREATE ACCOUNT” button.
- If there is room in the class, you can complete your reservation by selecting “Prenatal Drop In”, “Prenatal 5 Class Card” or “Prenatal 10 Class Card.”
- f the class is full, you will be notified that there’s a waiting list. To be added to the waiting list, click the “YES, MAKE PURCHASE” button and then complete your reservation by selecting ”Prenatal Drop In”, “Prenatal 5 Class Card” or “Prenatal 10 Class Card.”
- Click the “CHECK OUT” button to enter your payment information and complete your transaction.
- If you’re unsure if you are registered for a specific class date or if you are on the waiting list for a specific class date, just log into your Be One Yoga MindBody account and click the “MY INFO” tab at the top and then select “MY SCHEDULE” just under the tab. There you will be able to view all of the classes you are scheduled to attend in the future.
I look forward to meeting you soon!
A note for students who currently hold prenatal yoga passes:
If you sign up for a class through Be One Yoga Studio’s MindBody system and are not able to attend, you must cancel your reservation by NOON on the Wednesday of class or by 8 pm on the Friday before the Saturday class, or the class will be deducted from your pass or drop in class that you paid for.
Please also note that passes and drop in class purchases are not refundable or transferable. If you deliver your baby before your pass expires and before you are able to use up your classes, you will have 6 months (after your baby is born) to apply your remaining classes to Hot Hatha, Vinyasa or Yin classes offered at the studio.
Prenatal Yoga Pricing as of August 1st, 2015 for the 2-hour prenatal yoga classes. Please note that pass expiration dates are firm and can not be adjusted (class passes are non-refundable and non-transferable):
|Pass Type:||Valid For:||Price*:|
|5-Class Pass:||60 days||$90 ($18 / class)|
|10-Class Pass:||90 days||$160 ($16 / class)|
* Prices subject to change without notice.
Download a Prenatal Yoga Questionnaire and Release Form.
Download a Be One Yoga New Student Form.
Questions? Read through our Prenatal Yoga FAQs.
Also, find out more about our Couples Yoga for Labor Workshop!